Saturday, December 28, 2013

Done and Dusted.....'sigh'

You know that feeling where a much anticipated event comes and goes.  That's where I am now.  Christmas is officially over, presents are unwrapped and finding their places around the house and I am contemplating the big job next week of packing up the decorations for another 11 months.

Add to that the gingerbread house is nearly all gone and I have a fridge full of chocolate (that needs to be gone by new years for my sanity!).

I can't complain, Christmas was a total success in our house this year, albeit a bit of a hectic day.

Kids were up bang on 6am (I was impressed - I was totally expecting it to be earlier!), stockings and presents were ripped open with many oohs and aahs from happy children, before breakfast was shoved at them and they were thrown in the car for a car trip to our brother in laws house.

It would be safe to say that they were not at all impressed about being removed from their new things, but they had the most lovely day on the Farm with their cousins for the day.  Arriving in the Coromandel there was another session of ripping paper and oohs and aahs, before new toys were hidden in cars and kids were sent off to play.
Now my kids are city kids through and through, but boy did they have a great time on the farm.  They bounced and ran everywhere that day.  They did not stop for longer than a few minutes in the whole day.  My daughter was thrilled to take a walk with her cousins and Nana to see the pig pen.  "We saw pigs and cows Mummy, but the pigs were stinky!" she exclaimed holding her nose on her return.

After a full day, both kids were popped into another set of  new PJ's (thanks to Nana) and were asleep approximately 5 minutes after we started the 2 and a half hour drive North back to Whangaparaoa.
It wasn't until I was lying in my bed that night that I realised I didn't take any photos of our family on the Farm.   So here are a couple of highlights from our Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at home.
The gingerbread houses we made for our friends and ourselves.

Christmas Eve new Jammie's.

And my little girl got new Jammie's too.

Water and magic reindeer food put out ready.
(Reindeer food is oats mixed with glitter).

Cookies and Juice left for the big guy.
Santa and his reindeer left a big mess outside!

But left a pile of loot underneath the tree!

Stocking time!

All opened - guess what the little guys favourite present was! :)
My little girls bestest present she says.
I will end this post on my daughters words when I asked her if she had a good Christmas.

"It was great Mummy, I love my new toys - even if Santa was silly and didn't bring any of the things on my list.  He must have gotten me confused with another Samantha!  I hope she loves her new things as much as I love hers ;)

No comments: