Monday, December 30, 2013

Ballet Overload..

*Warning* This post is a total parent pride and picture cuteness overload.  Read at your own risk :)

With all the madness of December and the looming festivities, somehow (yes I know - I don't know how either!) I forgot about posting the photos of Samantha's recent end of year ballet show.
 
We are so lucky that we discovered a hidden gem of a ballet teacher right in our local area.  When I was looking for somewhere for our little girl to do a preschool ballet class I wanted something that wasn't too serious and would foster a love of dancing as well as actually teaching them some basics.
Miss Alicia at NPA (Northern Performing Arts) has more than filled the position.   Not only is this lovely girl a very talented ballerina in her own right, but she could be the sweetest ballet teacher I have ever met.  The girls in Sam's class adore her - its actually become a lot like hero worship for Samantha in the last year if I am honest.

Anyway, Miss Alicia is the owner of the school and her and the rest of the amazing teachers put on the most extravagant shows each year.  They really go all out and there is such a lot of time and effort put into every child's role in the show.
 Samantha was bitterly disappointed last year because she missed playing a baby munchkin in The Wizard of Oz after coming down with Glandular fever.

This year the school put on a performance of Peter Pan.  And Samantha's class were the Stars that the main characters had to fly through to get to Never land.  After many months of practise and then a very full week of stage placements and rehearsals, the big day arrived.  It was beautiful.  I am not ashamed to say that I cried my eyes out watching her dance!  She was amazing!  What really shocked me was that my normally shy daughter was so sure of herself on the stage!  She did so well, and it was a joy for us to see her dance under the spotlight with her class.

We are now looking forward eagerly to next years ballet class (where Samantha informs me she will master the splits!) and hopefully a Jazz class as well. 
I am also secretly dying to see Anthony dance.  He is going to join the preschool class next year after 2 years of asking to go.  I figure after 2 years if he still wants to , I should let him at least try it :)

So here are a few of the highlights :)

Goofing around with Nana before the big performance.
Watching the big girls dancing.
Another of Sam's idols - These big girls really took the little ones under their wing.




On Stage at Prize giving.
Very proud of herself for graduating from Pre Primary and receiving a Merit on her Ballet Exam.

No comments: