Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Ballet dancer

Wow, so much for that post a week comment!

The sad thing is that I had actually thought I could do it!  It has been so crazy around here in the past few weeks that I expected to come in here and find it had only been a week!
Anyone that thinks homeschooling families lie around all day and do nothing must not know any!

The last week has been full on!  Samantha's ballet exams are now only 1 sleep away and I have a slightly nervous but very excited little girl tonight!    Her biggest concern about the exam is not being able to wear underwear under her leotard :)  I think I am more nervous than she is!

She has worked so hard!  Has practised every day for the last 3 weeks, even when she didn't really want to.  And please don't think I have been pushing her, because beyond me telling her to get herself dressed ready to practise she has done it all herself.  The complaining stops the second the music starts!
She knows this exam inside out and I know she is going to do well no matter what.  I watched her at her mock exam on Saturday and she was amazing!  The only comments on her marking sheet were that she needs to stop talking (hehe) and lift her knees in her skips a little more.   Watching the other little girls in her group stumble through in comparison to my little girl confident and happy made me so proud I actually thought I might burst! 

I will post a photo of her in her official uniform tomorrow, but here are some sneak peeks from the last few days of practise :)
I love the kooky combination of clothes she chooses to practise in.  Its so far removed from her actual uniform that it always looks hilarious :)


 



Dancing is a bit part of our household in general.  I guess with my background in rollerskating I just can't stay still when good music comes on.  Apparently I have passed this 'gene' on as this is my children watching the Polkadots today...


Anthony is pretending not to dance and hiding away so I can't see him.

And as for the 3rd and most recent child in our household, here is Charlie up to his normal crazy antics of getting as high as possible and then not knowing how to get back down...

Samantha and Anthony noticing the latest cat antics!

Charlie - 'help me!'


More to come tomorrow - with gorgeous photos hopefully :)  Wish us luck!

Sterryn

No comments: