Monday, December 17, 2012

Monsters are real....

I am still trying to get my head around the events at Sandy Hook Elementary school in the U.S on Friday morning.
With each photo they release of the victims my heart breaks a little more.  For the families, the town and the world we now live in.   For the realisation that in the world my children will grow up in, this is common place.
I don't know what caused that young man to enter an elementary school and murder in cold blood 6 adults and 20 children, but back in my day this man would have been called a Monster.
I am only thankful that my children are too young to understand what happened in that school on Friday.  That they don't yet have to know that the world they are growing up in has monsters in it, and not the kind that live under your bed!

My prayers go to the families of these victims.  That at a time when these children should have been full of the excitement of Christmas, they faced something no one should ever have to face, and now their families are having to bury them.
So I will now go and hug my children a little tighter and kiss their little heads while they are sleeping.
I am so thankful that my children are being raised in a country where this is less likely to be commonplace - a country that doesn't yet feel the need to have a gun in every home.  A country where my children might stand a chance to remain innocent just that little bit longer.....
 
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...
there is something you must always remember:
you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is,
even if we're apart...
I'll always be with you."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sterryn

No comments: