Thursday, November 29, 2007

The incredible non sleeping baby....

Well as the title of this post suggests, we have had a challenging day here in the Roycroft household!!!

Samantha decided that no morning sleep was required this morning and lay in her cot rolling around and squealing at her toys. I finally got her up after more than 40 minutes because we had to leave for swimming. She did have a small nap in the car - but that is it!

I thought she might be a little monster at swimming because of lack of sleep, but nope. Perfect happy Sam as usual, if a little on the quiet side.


She did really well at swimming today, went under water more times than I could count! Now I am wondering when the whole dolphin dive (which is the next step) needs to happen. Supposively next week, but I'm not sure about that one yet!

Then my perfect angel was dragged around the supermarket with no complaints at all, another small nap on the way home.

So here I am thinking "she will definitley have a big sleep after she has lunch"! How wrong was I! This child is very strong willed.

Finally at 2.30pm after a battle of the wills she fell asleep, and is still in bed now! Halelujah! Whats the bet she doesn't sleep tonight! Argghh, babies...who'd have em!


On a more exciting note, we got our First Impressions hand and foot sculpture back today. It's so beautiful. Tanya did such a fantastic job of it! I have taken a photo of it to add on here but I doubt it will do it the justice it deserves!

No comments: